Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ode to the Banjo Bowl

Well... I picked up said banjo on Sunday. On Tuesday I picked up some parts and repaired (sort of - there's still some fret dressing that needs doing), re-strung it, and tuned it up. On Wednesday I downloaded a basic chord chart from the web and spent a couple of hours on the fret board. Then I heard that the Banjo Bowl was coming to town this weekend, so I composed a little tribute entitled "Ode to the Banjo Bowl." The pickin' still needs work, but I'm on my way. I hope no one asks me to play it again; it was composed and recorded on the fly, in one take. I would need to do the hard work of listening to it repeatedly to get back exactly what happened!

I'm not a huge football fan, but I have family and friends who are. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Dan Dan such a talented man! Really a salute to those of you who can learn off the internet, You with a screaming banjo diddy and Doug learning to play trumpet on line...c'mon...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words, Val. How ever did you find me here?

    ReplyDelete